iTunes Movies won't sync with iPad & iPhone

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by GarrettL1979, Mar 20, 2012.

1. GarrettL1979 macrumors 6502

My iTunes movie downloads won't sync with my iPad (new) or iPhone 4. I keep getting an error message stating I'm not authorized to sync these movies. My computer is definitely authorized with my iTunes acct-- I even tried deauthorizing & reauthorizing. I am only using one iTunes account, so it really shouldn't be this complicated. These same movies play perfectly fine on our apple tv using home sharing. I even downloaded them on to my iPad from "purchased" within the iTunes store, and they play just fine. This takes a lot longer than just syncing though.

For testing purposes, I added the movies to a flash drive and then copied them over to iTunes on my authorized work iMac-- they synced successfully. So there is clearly an issue with my MBP at home.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any advice?

2. AnOldMacUser macrumors newbie

Yes this has happened to me twice. Once when buying a movie a couple of weeks ago and again when buying a tv show. iTunes refunded the cost of the movie. I have opted to keep the tv show. Apple can not figure out what is happening. I have sent them screenshots showing the problem.