iTunes MP3 CD burning. Order of songs??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mikebike125, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Mikebike125 macrumors 6502

Mikebike125

With my old Windows machine I used Nero to make my MP3 discs. But with my new iMac I figure I can use iTunes to burn MP3 discs. I like to do the following things with my discs

1. Put about 10 or songs in each directory.
    2. Put the songs in a specific order.

With iTunes I would also know if I can rearrange the order of the songs in a playlist

Also sometimes I will put a CD on my iTunes and then I would like to make a back up usually for the kids music. The problem is that it doesn't maintain the original song order of the original disc.

Are these things that iTunes is capable of? I tend to think it can but I must be doing something wrong. Can you point me in the right direction?? Thanks!

2. Mikebike125 thread starter macrumors 6502

Mikebike125

3. gojaromeiginla macrumors member

You shouldn't have a problem rearranging the order of the playlist in iTunes. As far as making the backups, there are better burning applications than iTunes. I would say use "Burn." It's a free app, and it burns really easily. You could also just copy a CD into iTunes, and then create a playlist for that album. You would then burn that playlist. Let me know if that was what you were looking for.

4. Mikebike125 thread starter macrumors 6502

Mikebike125

I will try "Burn". The problem I was having is that even if I took one of my kids CD's and put it into iTunes, iTunes wouldn't recognize the original order of the songs. If I make a playlist, it puts the songs in alphabetical order.....not the original order they came off the disc in. Is there a way to preserve the original order??