iTunes + MP3 to AAC

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Jony Mac, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Jony Mac macrumors 6502

Jony Mac

I have some MP3s not many but I'd like to change them to AAC. I've re-ripped my music library to AAC format from when I moved from Windows to Mac. I have a few albums ripped (probably 10-15) I cant find my CDs for.

Is there a way within iTunes to locate all MP3's and convert them to AAC? I'd like to beable to do this and delete the MP3s instead of keeping a copy.

They are higher quality MP3s so if I lose a little quality I'm okay with it. I guess its a little OCD, but i'd like to have my entire library in AAC.

Thanks in Advance!

2. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

Easiest way I can see

Create a smart playlist and for the rules have

Kind Contains MPEG
    Media Kind is Music

This should bring up all the mp3 songs in your library

double check the list looks right

select all, right click, convert to AAC

3. bt22 macrumors 6502

up at the top where it says name, time, artist, album simply right click. This will give you a pop up box with many choices. Choose to display "KIND" and this will show you what type of file each song is. Find the MP3's you want to convert and paint them. Then right click again and choose to create AAC version. This will create the aac version just below your MP3 version. Once completed all your MP3's will still be painted. Simply right click and delete... Done.. move on to the next.

4. Jony Mac thread starter macrumors 6502

Jony Mac

wow that make work best. if i sort the list by mp3 i can create all aac at once then delete them all at once too. sweet thanks

5. Jony Mac thread starter macrumors 6502

Jony Mac

Update:
    I did this last night, it worked perfect! Thanks for the suggestion.