iTunes Music folder help please

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by sstevens, Oct 19, 2015.

1. sstevens macrumors member

so im importing my entire library back into iTunes11 (went back after realizing how useless itunes12 is and slow)

i think i have two iTunes libraries and I do NOT want my music on my SDD drive (Macintosh HD) but on my Macintosh HD2.

i want all music on my HDD not my SDD. How can i effectively do this? Every single time I delete my ituneslibrary.itl and use daisydisk to re-import from a fresh iTunes install and use the advacned tab to lcoate my music on my HDD it still imports but then I find them on my SDD.

PLEASE.HELP.

2. sstevens thread starter macrumors member

3. sstevens thread starter macrumors member

hahaha this has to be the most frustrating thing i've ever dealt with. how can it be so complicated? I hold down OPTION when I'm opening iTunes and choose a library which is the one in the first .jpg i attached in post #2. That folder has 84GB worth. The one in spenserstevens>>Music>>iTunes has 35GB. yet when I import the large/real library it only imports 5600 songs or so instead of the 11.5k+ I know I have and then says it cant play any of those because the "files are missing" yet I can locate them all in that folder???? what the hell?