iTunes Music folders empty!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by samdale, Nov 9, 2009.

1. samdale macrumors newbie

Hi,

First time poster so I apologise if this has been discussed somewhere but I didn't find anything when I searched.

When I go into my iTunes folder (on windows :( ) all of my music folders are empty. There is an artist folder and an album folder for all my music but each one appears empty.

When I right click on the main iTunes folder it tells me that I have 26gB of stuff so it must be there somewhere (and I haven't set them to be hidden files). When I am using iTunes and go onto 'Get Info' for a song, it tells me that it is in the iTunes folder. Also, when I search for a specific song title in Windows, the file is shown.

Was wondering if anyone else was having this problem or knows of how to rectify it.

Cheers for your help!

ps forgot to say - I have upgraded to iTunes Media organisation

2. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

It depends whether you have the "Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library" option checked. If it's not checked, then wherever your media files are stored, that's where they'll be. To keep it organized, I suggest copying the files to your iTunes media folder, then deleting the ones you copied.

Attached Files:

3. samdale thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your response. However, I already have that setting chosen.

Everything is telling me that the each songs location is in my iTunes folder in the relevant artist/album folder. However, when I browse these folders, they just aren't there (and they are not set to be hidden)