iTunes Music Issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 2high2aim, Sep 7, 2011.

1. 2high2aim macrumors 6502

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this thread if not mods please move it to the correct section. I have a MBP and I wanted to transfer my music from my external hard drive to my MBP itunes.

This is the method I used:
    Open up New Finder Folder> Users> homeIconxxxName> Music> iTunes> iTunes Media> Music
    and dropped my folders there. Now when I open my actually iTunes and search for a given artist it does not show up but if I go into the above folder, it plays and stores it on the iTunes. Is there an option to have all the songs automatically listed on iTunes?

Any suggestion? Let me know if more information is required.

2. Saberon macrumors 6502a

Go to iTunes preferences and check the "Copy files to iTunes media folder when adding to library" button.

Now take the folder of music you wanted to add and drag it into iTunes application itself.

3. 2high2aim thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks lol but I have tons of music folders already in the iTunes Media, (like 40GBs worth of old music collection that took forever to place lol). I will do this from now on but what about the folders that are already there but not listed

It is already checked.

4. Saberon macrumors 6502a

You have to drag the new music into iTunes itself, not the folder. Then iTunes will correctly place it in the folder you are attempting to place it in.

5. 2high2aim, Sep 7, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2011

2high2aim thread starter macrumors 6502

OK so this is what I did to simplify the entire process. Copied all the folders into a new folder on desktop. Then dragged and dropped all the folders on the iTunes Icon hopefully this clears all the mess up. I one day want to have an organized music collection like I do on my PC. (I strictly used my MBP for work and school but now am integrating everything into it and so I did not really use iTunes on it until now lol.) Thanks I will see how it turns out as all the files are "Processing: XXXX XXX XXXX" (I hope there is no double titles via this method). Thanks again.