Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tl01

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
I want to add a song to my library. I want to play it on my home sonos. When I try to add it to my library the music app says I need to enable music library. When I try to it says I need to do it again...so basically it won't let me enable it in settings. What am I missing? Thanks!

mpayne2k

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2010
Is what I wrote not making sense?

I don't think iTunes will work with Apple Music service until it is updated. So far, just iOS devices have been updated (ios 8.4) to work with Apple Music.

In my iTunes collection on my mac, the albums I added in Apple Music are greyed out on my iTunes collection for now.

tl01

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
I don't think iTunes will work with Apple Music service until it is updated. So far, just iOS devices have been updated (ios 8.4) to work with Apple Music.

In my iTunes collection on my mac, the albums I added in Apple Music are greyed out on my iTunes collection for now.

So where is the music saved then to use when I am offline? How do I use those songs to make them into a play list? And how can I turn on the iTunes Music Library? The phone tells me to and leads me to it but then won't do it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.