iTunes music library.XML not updating???

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Bronze84, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Bronze84 macrumors newbie

Hi guys. The XML file for my iTunes has suddenly stooped updating playlists etc. when I look for my iTunes library within other apps it comes up but not with the updated songs etc.

I've read up loads about the XML file going corrupt etc. I've tried deleting it, but iTunes doesn't create another (like it is meant to?).

The last modified date on the XML file says 16th oct but the last modification on my ITL file is like 30th oct. I've gone back through iTunes to the last date it was modified to see if there was any special characters etc that was messing it up. But the last things I added to iTunes was on the 12th oct and then on the 18th oct. nothing was added on the 16th oct??? The only thing I can think of that I did around the 16th was when I used MA to transfer everything from my pc to my new MBP including iTunes. I'm stuck now as I've tried doing everything but it just won't update and its really annoying (I do actually have OCD!)

Any help would be great....

Would apple support be useful on the phone, think I get it free for first 90 days or something yes?

2. Bronze84 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok so after reading up some more, I've created a new library and put my music in there. iTunes created a new ITL and XML file but only filled the ITL file with info. Does anyone know how I can import the info from this ITL file into the XML file please?