Itunes Music library

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Abarth1200, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Abarth1200 macrumors regular

Hi everyone, call me stupid but how do I get all my ripped music on my desktop pc back onto the new iphone 6S using itunes... the way I used to do before IOS9!!!

Now apparently I dont have the option to sync my music, all I get is streaming music from the cloud on my device. I want all my music not just itunes purchases.

Anyone help. Im on a windows PC latest version of itunes, I have checked manually sync music and iphone 6S Plus is up to date IOS 9.0.2

Yes I choose to trial the icloud music thing for 3 months, is this the problem?

Go on shoot me now, id appreciate your help

2. th3r3ds0x macrumors regular

th3r3ds0x

Connect your iPhone and when it shows up in iTunes click the phone then music under your device. You'll see an option to sync all music or just selected playlists.

3. E3BK macrumors 68020

E3BK

Yes, if you have iCloud Music Library on on your iOS device, you must sync via cloud. This is one of the issues people have with iTunes Music. You can choose to download playlists, albums, artists, individual songs, etc for offline listening though.

4. th3r3ds0x macrumors regular

th3r3ds0x

You can also go to music in your phone options and turn off "show all music" which will only show music that is on your phone an nothing from the cloud.

5. smarks90 macrumors regular

Same issue.

Disable iCloud music library on your iPhone (settings>music) . Sync with iTunes and you'll notice you can now choose what you want to sync under the music section (instead of seeing "iCloud music library is enabled")

Sync music to phone and then you can reenable iCloud music library and all of your synced files will stay. You'll just have to choose "merge" instead of replace when turning iCloud library back on. May have a few playlists that double up after "merge" but just delete those extra ones.

6. smarks90 macrumors regular

Struggled with this but have found the above to work without issue. I didn't want to permanately disable iCloud library but I also didn't want to have to stream everything. Best of both worlds :)

7. Abarth1200 thread starter macrumors regular

8. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

My son is pissed over this.
    As soon as you turn it on, it screws up your album art among other things. I think it is currently still a wreck.
    I have albums that Apple overrides with their own special rendition of what they think it is; and what album cover they approve- not the one I have or was the original.

perfect example, look at the smiths- Hatful of Hollow.
    turn it on, and off- see the results.