itunes music over cellular data????

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphoneuser47, Nov 21, 2008.

1. iphoneuser47 macrumors newbie

i know that you can download podcasts over cellular data, but is it possible to do the same with itunes music? with 2.2 btw

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

No. The terms of use for paid content are much more strict than those on freely-available content such as podcasts. There is currently no legal way of downloading music over cellular networks at standard prices. I don't think that Apple is lookng to alter their iTunes pricig structures.

3. iphoneuser47 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Not to totally hijack the thread, but do you care to elaborate? I've wondered about this myself but never knew the reason.

5. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

If you load a page on the iTunes Store with wifi, then turn off wifi and go back to iTunes Store, your page will still be there and it's functional. I didn't try downloading anything though. Any thoughts?

6. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

To sum it up, recording companies are Nazi ninjas. Why SHOULD they offer music over cell networks? That's almost as dangerous as DRM-free music on iTunes. Put both of those together and we have an apocalypse.

7. justinomg macrumors member

Yep - I tried to download a track and got a message that purchases were 'unavailable'.
    :rolleyes: