iTunes music question....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by boateng, Jan 3, 2014.

1. boateng macrumors 6502

I have two questions...

Does volume adjustment on iTunes affect music quality...is it worth maximising the volume?

Also are iTunes music good quality or is better buying CD's then importing? I buy most of my music from iTunes so I was wondering if i was getting ripped off lol

2. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

No.

Its good. Its lossy compressed compared to CDs which are not, but its high enough quality so few complain.

3. boateng thread starter macrumors 6502

no as in i shouldn't maximise the volume?

also is iTunes music better than actual CD's?

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Um, you can turn it up if you want?

He answered that. No it isn't better, but for most people it doesn't matter because they can't tell/don't care.

5. boateng thread starter macrumors 6502

so i should buy some CD's?

6. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

If you want to? Like I said, most people can't hear a difference or don't care that it doesn't sound quite as good as a CD. Additionally, if you're going to rip the CDs and convert the tracks to anything other than a lossless format, you'll end up with "less than CD quality" anyway.

7. mpantone macrumors 6502

If you want.

The people who benefit the most from buying CDs are classical and jazz fans, as well as folks with better speakers/headphones in listening environments that are better for audio.

If you're listening to the typical stuff off the normal play charts, forget it. The 256kbps files from iTunes/Amazon/whoever are sufficient.

8. boateng thread starter macrumors 6502

may i ask is sound check worth turning on?

9. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Because this affect all songs, I would not.

This setting is for, when you listen to your songs you find that some passages are too soft or too strong and you find yourself moving the volume up and down during playback.

Specially music, it's suppose to be like that.

This setting is for people who can't deal with the normal up and down of music, or you have a special reason to use this like you are listening to an orchestra in the middle of the night and you don't want the strong passes to wake up the rest of the house. Or you are listening to something but are not really actively engage with it, you just want it to play like background music.

10. boateng thread starter macrumors 6502

what about increasing the volume? as in going to volume adjustment.....

11. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Sheeese, nobody have asked these questions since the iPod of 2003!

No - no - no - no. Leave everything alone unless you have specific reason to mess with them!

Stop looking for things to do.

12. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

That would be me. :cool: I like buying the cds because the quality is better than MP3.

@OP The music from iTunes is compressed but not by much. What you loose is a part of the highs and lows of the song. Also, I like to have a copy of what I buy. It's easy to just buy the CD and add it to any media player that I want. If my computer crashes, I still have the physical copy.

13. boateng thread starter macrumors 6502

sorry lol

i just find the music to be not very loud LOL..thinking i should increase it