Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kagharaht

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
Here is something weird with my iMac Late 2013, running Catalina. For some reason I see the iTunes scroll bars when viewing Songs/Column Browser. I can click and drag the scroll bars to move up and down, but the click into the scrolls bars to jump to a page or spot click doesn't work. I can only move them by dragging it. All other apps, windows scroll bar works normal. Just iTunes... Anyone know how I can reset this somehow? I've already done Recovery and Reinstall Mac OS and even in Safe Mode, these scroll bars won't move unless I click and drag them.

kagharaht

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
Does anyone have a tip on how to fix iTunes/Music in Catalina scroll bars? Every other app works, finder scroll bar works, but not iTunes/Music. Now also when I buy an Album it downloads some of the songs and gets stuck downloading progress, yet the music is there, but no album artwork. The album is also split as two separate albums. One has album artwork and another half of the album no album artwork. As if they are not unmarked...its a mess.

Ritsuka

Cancelled
Sep 3, 2006
The songs view uses some custom scrollbars, there is nothing you can do.
On Monterey it will use the standard scrollbars, but this fact doesn't help you on Catalina.

kagharaht

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
It's as if Apple just gave up on fixing Catalina once they moved on Big Sur. I did a clean install of Catalina on my MBA 2017. iTunes/Music scroll bars can be grabbed to drag and move like on my other iMac running Catalina, but the click and jump to the area or page does not work. Artwork still disappears and when downloading a purchased Album it hangs or half loads and the other half loads with no album artwork. Sometimes you get duplicates... Shame really how Apple handles older systems once they jump on the new stuff.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.