iTunes Music Store error

sethypoo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 8, 2003
Sacramento, CA, USA
I recently moved into a new apartment and got basic broadband internet for Cox Communications. I have my cable modem hooked up to my Airport Express, and my PowerBook receives the internet just fine. However, when I try to purchase a song in the iTunes Music Store, I get about 8-10 seconds into the download, and then I get a error message reading that "there was an error downloading your music. An unknown error occured (-50)." It then says to use the Advance menu option to check for purchased music. I do, and the same thing happens.

I've tried restarting, waiting until later, and purchasing other songs. Nothing works. If I take my computer to a friends or my family's internet connection (their's is from Charter communications) my music will download just fine.

Any suggestions as to how to fix this?
Thank you,
Seth

MacFan26

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2003
San Francisco, California
I've seen a rise in these erros lately, someone suggested that maybe it's due to all the traffic from the Pepsi deal, but I don't know if that's really the issue. I've gotten those same errors using Cox Communications, but found that "trying again later" always works. Strange that it works on other people's computers and just not yours...I guess I can't really be of much (any) help :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.