itunes music syncing question. please help!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rodetrip, Sep 28, 2015.

1. rodetrip macrumors member

rodetrip

i just got the new 6s plus and im trying to sync my music from my computer to my phone. everytime i go to the music tab, the only thing i see is, "itunes match is on". before it would give me options to check, "entire music library, ect" where did those options go?! it wont sync my music to my iphone! please help!

2. DJLC macrumors 6502a

DJLC

Go to Settings -> Music on your phone and turn off iCloud Music Library. Then you'll get the options in iTunes.

I had the same problem. Turned it off, synced, then turned it back on. Now my whole library is available on other devices but I know I have a full local copy on my phone and Mac Mini.

3. Cmd-Z macrumors 6502

Cmd-Z

iTunes Match and iCloud Music Library are two separate things (and settings). Are you sure this is the setting to change? Might want to check the Match settings within the iPhone's Music settings (same place as iCloud Music Library setting).

4. DJLC macrumors 6502a

DJLC

For me it was iCloud Music Library. I'm not a Match subscriber so I don't see that option. (But I do have Apple Radio which includes iCML.)

Not sure how it works if you have Match.

5. rodetrip thread starter macrumors member

rodetrip

thank you guys i will try that when i get home. im not a itunes match subscriber so im pretty sure its the icloud music library

6. rodetrip thread starter macrumors member

rodetrip

another question, when i do this and sync my phone, will i lose the music i downloaded from apple music?

7. DJLC macrumors 6502a

DJLC

For me the Apple Music I had added to my library disappeared on my phone once iCML was turned off. But it was still visible on my Mac. Obviously it didn't sync with the rest of my music, but once I turned iCML back on they reappeared. Of course, YMMV. I don't mean to sound like I really know what I'm talking about on this one. :)