Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Decept1k0n

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
FYI - I also posted this topic in Apple's Support Communities as well. I'm hoping to find an answer or solution somehow... https://discussions.apple.com/message/27845591#27845591

Is anyone else encountering an issue where iTunes music tracks in the OS X app sync to iPhone with different(or wrong data), even though it's listed in iTunes library differently?

To give an example with screenshots of what I'm talking about:

A track listed in iTunes with the artist as "Baby Bash featuring Akon", somehow winds up syncing to my iPhone 6 Plus with the artist somehow being listed as "Rasheeda featuring Akon - Super Saucy".

1. In the first screenshot, we can see that when looking at my synced music tracks that the artist displayed is "Rasheeda featuring Akon" and down below we see that the artist Baby Bash is listed. We can see clearly that the album cover shown for Baby Bash even has his name listed. Additionally, we see album covers for the artist, Akon, listed here too which is also incorrectly being displayed.

iPhone+Music+App+-+Baby+Bash+listed+under+Rasheeda+featuring+Akon.PNG

2. Looking at the same track for Baby Bash in the iTunes(12.1.0.50), we see that it is listed under the artist name as expected.

iTunes+App+OS+X+-+Baby+Bash+listed+in+library+as+exected.JPG

3. Right-clicking on the track and selecting Get Info, we see the artist name listed as "Baby Bash featuring Akon" and not "Rasheeda featuring Akon" on the Details tab as seen in previously in the first screenshot.

iTunes+App+OS+X+-+Baby+Bash+--+Details+metadata.JPG

4. Clicking on the Sorting tab, we also see that there is no reference to information that would cause the track to display as "Rasheeda featuring Akon" either.

iTunes+App+OS+X+-+Baby+Bash+--+Sorting+metadata.JPG

At this point, I don't know if there are any other tracks in iTunes that have synced with the iPhone & resulted in wrong or incorrect metadata being written, aside from the example I gave. I've tried a few things to fix this particular issue but nothing has resulted in any success and I'm baffled as to how the information changed when syncing from iTunes to the iPhone.

Any suggestions or assistance with this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Here are some extra details about what I'm syncing with and to:
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), iPhone 6 Plus - iOS 8.2

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.