Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

waddington01274

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2012
Hi, can you tell me if i’m able or is it worthwhile to import iTunes Music video (A/V Footage) into Final Cut Pro 7 that I’ve downloaded onto my Mac? If yes, would the quality of footage be good enough in editng and applying transitions to and using in conjunction with existing A/V footage in my Final Cut Pro 7 project? (For example iTunes Music Video 04 Minutes 01 Second duration = 53.3 MB; 06 Minutes 15 Seconds = 79.4 MB; 03 Minutes 45 Second duration = 47.4 MB;)

DigitalVT

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2010
UK
Hi, can you tell me if i’m able or is it worthwhile to import iTunes Music video (A/V Footage) into Final Cut Pro 7 that I’ve downloaded onto my Mac? If yes, would the quality of footage be good enough in editng and applying transitions to and using in conjunction with existing A/V footage in my Final Cut Pro 7 project? (For example iTunes Music Video 04 Minutes 01 Second duration = 53.3 MB; 06 Minutes 15 Seconds = 79.4 MB; 03 Minutes 45 Second duration = 47.4 MB;)

Not 100% sure what your asking! or if this is the correct forum for this. But if your asking if the quality will be okay, well that would depend on if it would match your other assests? iTunes clips will be compressed, so depends on what you want to do with it, plus I'm sure the iTunes clip will be DRM'd so you may have issues getting it into FCP. And then of course there is the music video copyright issues to consider, and depending on your intended use there will be copyright license to be redeemed.

More info would help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.