ITunes Music Videos: Worth it?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bmstrong, Jul 8, 2010.

1. bmstrong macrumors 6502

I've been thinking of starting my music collection over after a recent crash. I've been toying with the idea of going to music video's and taking advantage of the iPhone 4's screen. Anyone a regular purchaser of them? What kind of quality and format am I looking at? 1080, 720, 480? What is the audio comparable to? 128, 256, 320? Space issues aside, it might be cool to have the official video's to listen to AND watch...

2. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

HD would be good, but if you're short on space don't bother. You can get just the music video instead of getting the music audio track as well, since the audio is part of the video. You might be able to save space that way.

3. JesterJJZ macrumors 68020

JesterJJZ

Keep in mind, the audio on most music videos on iTunes isn't as good as the actual song. I've noticed this a lot. Music videos definitely sound softer than their song counterparts. Also, as far as I know iTunes doesn't give you HD music videos. I just use keepvid.com and snag the ones I want off of youtube. Most of the mp4 files import right into iTunes and I can put them on my iPod.

4. TRAG macrumors 6502

TRAG

The music is definitely softer. The video sizes are 640x360. Most vary like 640x(352, 354, 464). The videos are by far not great quality, but still good. iTunes is an okay place I knew of to get them in good quality besides YouTube and torrents. The YouTube route produces videos that don't look much worse than iTunes' videos. But I cannot figure out how to get HD videos from YouTube. :confused: Anyone know how?

5. JesterJJZ macrumors 68020

JesterJJZ

Keepvid.com will let you download any version that is available for that particular video.

6. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

Paying for music videos isn't worth it on a phone with a built-in YouTube app IMO.