Itunes music vs. iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macnewbie13, Feb 18, 2009.

1. macnewbie13 macrumors member

My iPhone says that I have 11.71 GB of music on it, while my iTunes says that I have 10.95 GB, and they both say that I have the same amount of songs, so its not that. Does anyone know why there is a difference? Is it because of my podcasts?
    Thanks

2. Etnies419 macrumors 6502

Where are you looking that it's telling you how many GBs of songs you used? If you're calculating it from Settings > General > About, that number is all of the data you have on your iPhone. That includes videos, music, photos, and apps.

3. macnewbie13 thread starter macrumors member

I was looking on iTunes when I plug in my iPhone. It tells me how many gbs are used for audio, video, photos, apps, and misc. But on my iTunes library, it tells me a different amount of gbs for music. I'm assuming now that it includes the podcasts as well.

4. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

If you have a lot of Podcasts (enough to equal around 1GB) then that is most likely the problem.

5. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

Do you have any music videos? iTunes counts those as 'music' too, as opposed to 'video'.

6. ptsube macrumors 6502

Go in to your iTunes folder and find your Podcasts folder. Right click and select "Get Info". This will show you how big your Podcasts folder is. Or, within iTunes select Podcasts from the left pane. At the bottom it will say the size of your Podcasts folder. Mine is almost 9GB's, so I could easily see you having 1GB.