iTunes music won't restore, Please help!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mdawid, Sep 27, 2015.

1. mdawid macrumors regular

mdawid

So, I got my new iPhone 6s on Friday. I restored using a backup from iTunes. Everything went charmingly well, until...yesterday. I wanted to listen to some music and discovered that none of my music copied over. Reconnected to iTunes last night to fix and am now running into major issues. I yet again tried to reset the phone and restore from a backup so I could then copy some music over. It won't copy anything! Within iTunes, under my device - music - songs are grayed out with the dotted circle to the right.

On the phone, Within the music app, it will show my entire library and I could stream songs. Though I would physically have music on my phone and not just stream.

I've since turned off iCloud music to see if that makes a difference. Nothing.

I've tried everything I could. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Was this music recorded via CD's? Only was I could sync my music was use the same computer that I actually recorded the music on via my CD/media.

3. skwood macrumors 6502a

skwood

Ensure iCloud Music Library is disabled on the phone. Re-sync. Then go into the music tab on your iPhone's sync settings in iTunes, make sure the sync entire library or whatever you want is selected. Sync the music to the phone. Then re-enable iCloud Library on the phone making sure you select merge. You will now have your synced music and your iCloud Music Library available.

4. mdawid thread starter macrumors regular

mdawid

Thanks. That seemed to work. Now, have to go through the daunting task of reselecting the songs/albums I want copied over. I've been in the Apple ecosystem for quite sometime and must admit, this whole iCloud Music/iTune match is a royal pain to get set correctly. Once it is, it works nicely, but to get to that point is frustrating. Appreciate the input.

5. skwood macrumors 6502a

skwood

No worries, I also find it frustrating and the whole thing needs sorting out ASAP.

6. OCGirlie macrumors newbie

Had to read what you wrote a couple of times. Why does Apple have to make it so complicated

7. OCGirlie macrumors newbie

One of my worst restore nightmare. Was your playlist restored too or nothing as well?

8. mdawid thread starter macrumors regular

mdawid

Nothing music related restored correctly. Once I turned off iCloud music, that seemed to work. Though, for some reason, while individually copying songs to my phone, every so often it would cease working and the songs would be grayed out and I would have the stupid dotted circle. The only way around that would be to close out iTunes, disconnect my phone from my MacBook and then reconnect and it would continue. This happened 3x. I got my music over finally, but something is a miss. This shouldn't be so difficult. Getting tired of Apple screwing things up.