Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

janat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 15, 2008
can't buy anything in itunes, I can't even activate my iphone. When I came to school, they had wireless with proxies. When i changed them to use wireless, all programs asked for permission, and my ash*le friend restricted itunes forever. Now I need to give permission, but don't know how to.

mgpg89

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2008
Belgium
can't buy anything in itunes, I can't even activate my iphone. When I came to school, they had wireless with proxies. When i changed them to use wireless, all programs asked for permission, and my ash*le friend restricted itunes forever. Now I need to give permission, but don't know how to.

Create a new location in the Network preference pane in System preferences.

The default one is automatic, call the new one 'School' (or something to that extent) and enter all the correct proxy information.

When you're at school, quickly select the correct location from the Apple drop down menu in the top left corner of your screen.

When you're somewhere else, select 'Automatic'.

That should do the trick. (I know it did for me)

janat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 15, 2008
It didn't work

I created another location, and set the proxy settings. None of my programs asked for permission to use proxy settings.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.