iTunes Mystery

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Michael73, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Michael73 macrumors 65816

In cover flow view the default artwork for my movies is useless. I've been going through the tedious process of right-clicking on each title, 'Getting info,' going to the "artwork" tab and manually adding in the dvd artwork for each title. If anyone knows a faster way in iTunes, please let me know since I have like 300 titles to go.

Anyway, the mystery is that in about 1 or 2 out of 10 cases the artwork tab is grayed out (as is lyrics, which I don't care about). Why? And, can it be un-grayed so I can add the artwork for it? How?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Did you try searching for "artwork" in iTunes Help?
    Picture 5.jpg

3. Michael73 thread starter macrumors 65816

Yep. That didn't work. It searches for album artwork but doesn't find or add any artwork for the movies.

I also tried selecting all the movies, right-clicking and choosing "Get Album Artwork" and it says, "Processing Album Artwork" but then never shows up in cover flow view or anywhere else I can find.

I wonder if this is related to the fact that when I add albums and movies to my library that I don't import them into the library itself, I only reference their location on a separate drive?!? :confused:

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

No, it shouldn't matter where the items are located. It may be that iTunes treats artwork for movies differently than it does music. Personally, I prefer the manual method of adding artwork, as the artwork that iTunes automatically downloads is of lower quality. I know it's time consuming, but I've manually added artwork to my library of more than 1,800 albums and the end-result is well worth it to me.