iTunes Need Help

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Udinpetot, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Udinpetot macrumors member

hey guys..
    so i just recently switch to mac..
    and im now organising my 50gb music..
    im just wondering...., sometimes when i added my new downloaded songs.., and delete it from itunes library..., it gives me a window whether to cancel, keep music or move to trash.... but that doesnt happen to my previous songs added to library
    is there a way to enable this whenever i delete something from library?
    *my itunes preference is not organized.
    was thinking of ticking the organized option, but then all my artist - trackname files will be lost?, and its kinda hard to copy different songs to portable usb disk?
    please share some comments :)
    cheers

2. MurphyM macrumors 6502

What do you mean they'll be lost? Not sure I know what you mean.

I have iTunes organize my stuff and it's done like this:

iTunes Music > Artist > Album > Track

The "Group Compilations" checkbox thing is kind of messed up. You might want to research that. iTunes threw a ton of my stuff that I didn't consider compilations into a compilations folder. Not sure if unchecking the box prevents that....

3. Zianac macrumors member

iTunes will only offer to delete songs that are within the itunes music folder, Everything outside the folder you'll have to delete yourself. Atleast that how I think it works...

4. applefan69 macrumors 6502a

applefan69

I though when you put music into the itunes library, itunes will copy the music into the iTunes music folder... at least what itunes does for me.

5. Zianac macrumors member

iTunes will only do that if you have the "Copy files to iTunes Music folder when adding to library" checked... It's under Prefs > Advanced