Itunes needs a delete key right next to the "next" button. macro? software? anyone?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by thedommer, Apr 19, 2010.

1. thedommer macrumors regular

ok so I have 13000 track on my computer. I probably hate 9000 of them. This collection has been building up for a good 10 years. I like to listen to music on random. I want to be able to either hit "next" or "delete".

I dont want to have go to itunes window, hit delete then "Move to trash". I want the delete button to do that. even if I'm not on the itunes window.

thoughts? It also doesn't have to be itunes. I don't care what it is. if its not itunes i can use it for a month to syphon through all my music then all thats leftover Ill enjoy through itunes.

You may thing this is ridiculous but trust me hitting delete delete delete delete delete delete next delete delete delete delete is a hell of a lot quicker then the other option.

2. smogsy macrumors 6502a

press the backspace key then tick do "do not ask me again"

that way backspace will just delete in itunes

is that what you wanted?:confused:

3. thedommer thread starter macrumors regular

hey thanks for replying!

I dont see anything about do not ask me again.

if I select a song and hit delete it asks "Do you want to move the selected song to the trash"

nothing about do not ask again.

also when hitting delete I want it to delete then move to the next song in the shuffle. so I don't have to hit play to start the shuffle again.

basically think of the next button on your keyboard(the forward arrow). when clicking that it goes to the next song. I want the button right next to it to do the same thing except delete the song then go to the next song. I jsut want a really simple way of listening to music and deciding whether to keep it.

4. ShaneRounce macrumors member

ShaneRounce

Well slide your finger forwards about an inch and press backspace.
    Simples.