iTunes needs to be fixed!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by skubish, Jun 25, 2009.

1. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

My wife and I have 1 iTunes account and 2 user IDs on our iMac. I have been putting our music into a shared folder which iTunes points to for both users. It works fine until there is an iTunes update which breaks it everytime. I get write permissions errors. The only way to fix is rebuild the library.

It is a complete failure by Apple that this hasn't been fixed in years.:mad:

2. daflake macrumors 6502a

My wife and I do the same thing and have no problems. Two computers, one shared folder, and updates run fine.

3. sarik macrumors newbie

Itunes 8.2 NEEDS an update...or BUG FIX

EVERY time I copy a long MP3 file to my iPhone, iTunes freezes...just about at the end of "determining song volume".
    I have to force quit and then try the same thing again...it finally works after about 3 tries.

Also...custom ringtones get screwed up when synching....they either repeat the same one or just have two of them and no more.

4. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

When you say long MP3 file, are you talking length of the file IE 10 min or are you talking about the file name length?

I have three computers and one apple tv all synced to two folders on my main machine. I haven't had any permission errors, yet. Hopefully someone can chime in and have an answer to your permissions problems.

What OS's are the machines? Is this a mix of windows and mac or all windows or all mac?

Is the folder set to share either on the Mac or in Windows?

5. sarik macrumors newbie

I'm talking about an MP3 of an hour-length show...about 59-100 mbs.

I'm talking about iTunes on my G5 PowerMac running Tiger. No Windoze involved.

The custom ringtone bug is very very annoying.

6. iKitz macrumors newbie

7. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Can't say I've experienced that problem. Custom's work perfectly for me.

As far as your long mp3 problem, do you experience the same problem with podcasts?

8. sarik macrumors newbie

My itunes problem concerns the iPhone

Can't say I've experienced that problem. Custom's work perfectly for me.

As far as your long mp3 problem, do you experience the same problem with podcasts?

I'm speaking of custom ringtones that you transfer to your iPhone. I noticed on the web that several others had this problem too. The ringtone gets copied twice or three times when attempting to add others...
    I have three custom ringtones. I have never been able to have them all on my phone at the same time.

(I did specify that 1 gig stay empty....I don't know whether that's relevant)

As for podcasts, I have not downloaded any for a while....and not to my iPhone. The hour-length broadcasts of Dylan's radio shows that I have, combine spoken words with varied songs...so when iTunes says "determining volume"....and then gets hung up and freezes...I guess it is because it's part of my music library and not the podcast library...? I dunno.

9. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

I have a few songs that are 30-50mins long... custom mixes etc. However there is music playing all the way through.....

Custom ringtone, I haven't had that problem. I have six of them that I have made on my phone right now.... That is weird.

What version of iTunes are you using?