iTunes Network Sharing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DrBroccoli, Feb 25, 2010.

1. DrBroccoli macrumors newbie

So I am at College and as you can imagine, many people use iTunes and have their library shared.

I enabled sharing on my iTunes and other people can see my library under the "Shared" column in iTunes, but when they try to access it they get an error like this:

"The shared library "Xxxxxxxx" is not accepting connections at this time. Please try again later."

Also, when I try to access anyone's library from my computer, it tries to connect for about 1/2 a second then just defaults back to my library.

I've rebuilt my iTunes Library, disabled the firewall, checked to see iTunes had firewall access and enabled/disabled sharing. I cannot figure out why my sharing does not work =(

I'm running 10.6.2 and the latest version of iTunes.

2. nobunaga209 macrumors 6502a

nobunaga209

This may be a dumb question but was your iTunes library built from music on your machine or from the 'network'? Which version are you running??

3. DrBroccoli thread starter macrumors newbie

The music is mine... have had it for years in my Library.

I'm running iTunes 9.0.2 (25)

4. DrBroccoli thread starter macrumors newbie

Isn't there a difference between Home Sharing and just regular library sharing? I thought one was to share your own library to authorized computers in your own home while regular sharing shares your library over a network for anyone to access, granted they are the first 5 users of the day.

Needless to say, I've already gone through that troubleshooting article with no luck =(.