itunes newbie question - watching something off of the computer

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mac'nCheese, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Just bought my first tv show on itunes. If I want to watch it outside of my home, can I burn a dvd or transfer to my iphone or anything or does it only work on my home computer?

2. benh911f macrumors 6502

Yes, you can plug in your iPhone and transfer it to that. Because of the DRM you can't burn it to a DVD.

3. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Thank u. Is there any kind of cable to connect my phone to a tv? Couldn't find one on google but never know....

4. dXTC macrumors 68020

dXTC

Two cable kits are available from Apple, online and at most Apple Stores. One is a Composite A/V cable (yellow, with red/white audio cables); the other is Component A/V cable (green/red/blue, with red/white audio). Each has a 30-pin Dock connector on the other end. You can use them to output the video for any movie to a compatible TV screen. The cable also has a USB terminus, which you can use for normal syncing or charging. A USB charger comes in the package, so you can charge the iPod while watching-- or even when you're not watching. It's a rather complete setup.

I have the Composite, which I take along on vacation trips with my nano 5G as a video source. It's handy for watching the odd TV episode or movie when the hotel's cable TV has nothing else on. Hotel TVs are more likely to have composite connections readily available; component connectors, when present, are usually on the back panel, while many TVs have composite connections on the side or the front for console games.

5. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I think I'm the worst google-er in the world. So glad I posted here and feel so silly that I just didn't go to apple store web site. Anyway, thank you for the perfect advice, I just ordered the composite since that seems to be the most common connectors, especially on older sets. Thanks for your help. I guess we can close this thread since I got the perfect answer. :D