iTunes no longer recognizing iPhone with T-Mobile?!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mongoos150, Feb 21, 2008.

1. mongoos150 macrumors 6502a

Sep 20, 2005
    I'm completely unable to sync to my Mac after porting to T-Mobile! It seems as if iTunes goes online momentarily when you connect your iPhone to your computer, because I am now getting a message on iTunes (when the iPhone source is selected at the left) stating "There is a problem with your iPhone." I notice whenever the iPhone is docked to a Mac, the iTunes music store pops up momentarily, so it's blatantly obvious iTunes is checking the iPhone against AT&T to make sure it's a legitimate at&t account (I'm assuming).

I disabled my mac's internet connection and re-connected the iPhone, and the iPhone information won't even show up! The iPhone (1.1.3) works completely fine independent-of-iTunes (7.6).

Is this some new system to verify all iPhones are on AT&T only? Is there some way to get around this? The iPhone works fine on T-Mo, but I can't sync with my mac!
  2. daneoni macrumors G4

Mar 24, 2006
    iTunes doesn't check for a valid AT&T account only for the activation/current firmware status of phone. The only thing iTunes store and iPhone have in common is to sync your music store accounts so you can buy songs/sync them back from the phone seamlessly.

I would recommend you reset the iPhone first of all (hold down the power button +home button simultaneously till you see the Apple logo) and/or restart your mac. If that doesn't work re-install iTunes 7.6
  3. cmcbridejr macrumors 6502a

Sep 28, 2007
    Alpharetta, GA