iTunes No Longer Shows Controls in iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by 61SG, Aug 21, 2011.

1. 61SG macrumors newbie

Hello, all. I hope you're able to help me with this unusual problem that iTunes has developed on my iPhone.

I stream a lot of podcasts on my iPhone 4. A couple of days ago I went into iTunes and typed the title of a podcast that I wanted to listen to in the search field and then clicked on the episode. Normally, this would bring up the black screen with all of the controls (volume, pause, forward, timeline, etc.), but this time all that happened was a small window next to the title of the episode displayed a "play" button, and when the episode started, the "play" button became a "stop" button. I could hear the podcast but I had no way to pause it or use any other control, as the only controls are play and stop.

I spoke with an Apple tech this morning and I was told to try a hard restart, but when this didn't work, I was told that I should back up and set up my phone as a new device. I restored and set up my iPhone as a new device but iTunes is still behaving the same way. Has anyone seen this before? Any help would be much appreciated.

2. JimBrown1 macrumors newbie

JimBrown1

I have seen this problem but when I restored my phone it had been removed. I think there will a software problem. You need to reinstall software from its care centre.

3. 61SG thread starter macrumors newbie

I spoke with Apple again today and I was told that it might be that this may just be a change in functionality in iTunes. I hope that's not the case.

4. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

5. 61SG thread starter macrumors newbie

I based my problem on a sample size of four podcasts (which are the ones I listed to most). I guess this wasn't a big enough sample because when I browsed some other podcasts, the quicktime screen came up as it used to. I did a lot of browsing and I couldn't find any logical consistency as to why some podcasts have the quicktime come up and why some don't.