iTunes No Longer Syncing with iPad

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by CoMoMacUser, Nov 7, 2013.

1. CoMoMacUser macrumors 6502a

I recently upgraded my 2008 iMac from SL to Mavericks. Since then, iTunes no longer automatically syncs over Wi-Fi every time I launch it or power up my iPad 1. When I connect the iPad to the iMac using a USB cable, iTunes automatically launches and syncs.

In the iPad section of iTunes, I unchecked and rechecked the boxes for auto launch and auto sync. But the next time I tried over Wi-Fi, nothing happened.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

2. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Under settings of you iPad do you have General>>iTunes Wi-Fi Sync>>enabled? Is your computer showing up as not available? under the above section?

3. CoMoMacUser thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes.

Unavailable, which doesn't make sense because it's on and connected to the AirPort Extreme router, albeit by cable rather than Wi-Fi. But in the past, the cable connection wasn't an issue.

4. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

And you are using the same iTunes account on both devices and home sharing (not that it should matter but) is turned on?

Are you able to remote into the desktop from your ipad? using either a remote desktop app/vpn or file browser app?

5. CoMoMacUser thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes.

FWIW, in the iPad's sync settings, the iMac has a (3) at the end of its ID. Does that indicate anything?

6. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

What is the name of the computer? That might be the difference......

i.e. JohnDoes_iMac(3) where as the iPad is looking for JohnDoes_iMac is this what you mean? (Of course I am just using any name but the (3) at the end)

7. CoMoMacUser thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mine is more cryptic: iMac-001FF . . . definitely something that I wouldn't have picked, like JohnDoes_iMac. I don't remember naming this machine, but it's been five-plus years. But when I turn on the Bluetooth on my phone, the iMac pops up with the same name that appears on my iPad, so that's definitely its name.