iTunes nonsense

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by swagmeout, Jan 12, 2012.

1. swagmeout macrumors newbie

swagmeout

So I have OCD and as a result my iTunes library is perfectly organized, with artwork, proper track names, proper artist names, etc. Anyway, I edited the information for a few songs, but when I select the song and play it in iTunes, it goes back to the way it used to be before I edited it. I have no idea why this is happening and it's very irritating to see all the time I took to keep my library clean go to waste. It's almost as if iTunes won't let me change the information for my songs. Any help?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

First, have you tried restarting your computer? That's a good first step in problem resolution. Also, have you checked the permissions for your iTunes Media folder? Also have you verified you don't have duplicates, so you modify one copy, but the other copy remains unmodified? Does this happen with any files, or just a select few? If only a few, they may be corrupt files. For that, you can try: MP3 Validator for Mac OS X

3. Freis968 macrumors 6502a

Freis968

I can sympathize as I have OCD about my iTunes tagging, etc as well!

Let me ask a very fundamental question. Are you subscribed to iTunes Match? If the answer is YES then that is your problem. iTunes Match will mess up some of the work you have put into renaming or some of the info you change. I found this out the hard way.

4. Pharmscott macrumors 6502a

Pharmscott

How are you editing the meta data? If you're using the Get Info function in iTunes via right click, then you're doing it right and I'd suspect iTunes Match as above. If you are editing the meta data some other way, you need to prompt iTunes to recognize the update. Get Info should work for that too.

5. swagmeout thread starter macrumors newbie

swagmeout

1. Yes, multiple times to no avail.
    2. Permissions are normal
    3. I deleted any duplicates
    4. It happens with every file I've edited

----------

Yes, I'm subscribed to iTunes match, but I'm not complaining about that, it's after I manually change the data through get info that it reverts back to its original state when played.