Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 10, 2009
Hi.

I'm trying to import about 20 MP3 songs I had laying around on a CD, but every time I drag the files from the desktop into iTunes, or even import via the 'File' menu, only 2 songs get imported, while the other 18 do not. I've had this happen throughout the years, and I never understood why it's happened. I know for a fact they are MP3s, so why aren't they able to import?

skate71290

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2009
UK
try using a conversion program to, quite simply convert MP3 to MP3 again (or if you want, try converting to AAC) and that should help, if that doesn't work the files are probably corrupt and unreadable, and if this is a legitimate Disc (i.e. purchased from a retail store) then you are legally allowed to download it via Torrents: http://www.torrentz.com (download and install uTorrent first); good luck :)

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 10, 2009
Do you know of any program I can use to re-evaluate the data and re-convert it?

Edit: Never mind. I just found a free one, it repaired the songs. The idea of using a repair tool hadn't crossed my mind. Thanks, mate! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.