iTunes not detecting iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iSpyce, Jun 10, 2013.

1. iSpyce, Jun 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2013

iSpyce macrumors newbie

I just received a used iPhone I purchased on Amazon. I took the phone out of the box and turned it on. The Apple logo appeared, then a "connect to iTunes" screen appeared, with the text "No SIM card installed" over the connect to iTunes graphic.

I installed my SIM (which I know works, as I just pulled it from my other iPhone), but have a very weak signal... but that's not my issue right now. After putting in my SIM, I connect my cable to my PC and opened iTunes. Then I connected the new iPhone to the cable and waited for iTunes to detect it. Nothing. I tried shutting down iTunes and restarting, shutting down and restarting the phone... still nothing.

I looked up instructions on how to reset/put the phone in DFU mode and followed those instructions. I tried several times, but iTunes still would not detect that the phone was in DFU/recovery mode.

Is there anybody out there who can help me? I can't access the main menu of the iPhone- it just stays on the "Connect to iTunes" screen. The only option I have is to swipe the bar and that just brings up the emergency call screen. Does this mean the phone is locked? How do I unlock it? How can I get iTunes to recognize the phone so I can restore it?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

---------------------------------------------

UPDATE: It's taken me 3 hours, but I finally managed to restore the phone and now it works perfectly. Even my SIM card is working. I rebooted my laptop and updated iTunes, after that I was able to enter DFU and restore the phone.

2. bloutrein macrumors regular

bloutrein