iTunes not editing mp3 data?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Twelvetoneloc, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Twelvetoneloc macrumors newbie

Hi I want to be able to use iTunes to edit the data in the mp3 file itself and not just in the iTunes library so I dont have to change the info if I remove it and but it back in later. I remember on windows I could edit the data in iTunes and it would change in the file but on my mac it doesnt seem to change. I am sure there is an easy solution that I am overlooking

2. likeupskirts macrumors newbie

I had strange experiences with organizing my music in iTunes. On Windows, all of the music files that I imported from CDs using iTunes always saved the ID3 without issues but when you import a non-iTunes created file it will only save the ID3 as a reference in your iTunes library so only iTunes will be able to organize your music right. If you open the music with another player it might not read the ID3 data that you see in iTunes.

On the Mac, all the music I import is AIFF and it has no issues saving the tags, except for artwork. I think that the ability to apply the ID3 to actual file is limited in iTunes because of the MP3 encoder the music was encoded with.

Use MP3Tag on Windows, it is AMAZING, much better than the iTunes tagger. Once you save your file in MP3Tag, the metadata will remain the same forever. It will also give you option to embed artwork.

Get MP3Tag here.

The only thing I tried on the Mac was Jaikoz MP3 Tag Editor, it is ok but sadly it is shareware. However, it will also save your metadata inside the file so you will not have to edit it again.