iTunes: Not enough memory?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by polycat33, Oct 5, 2007.

1. polycat33 macrumors 6502

I'm getting an error when trying to open iTunes saying there's not enough memory available. I have nothing else running, have tried logging out and in as well as rebooting and it still says that. It isn't a memory issue, I have 2GB of RAM and nothing running, and like 60GB of empty hard drive space. I'm thinking something got corrupted, but I don't know what. I tried deleting the plist files associated with iTunes and that didn't work. I use Aqua4itunes to change the look of iTunes, and I'd just run it before it stopped working. Before that I updated to the newest iTunes, however I successfully opened it after the update (but not after last running Aqua4iTunes). I've now tried uninstalled Aqua but it still won't open. I tried googling but it seems most results come up with old versions of iTunes where the glitch was in the program itself, or there were other issues with programs interfering that I'm not running. I did find out, however, that other people in the past who've had this error had no success with uninstalling and reinstalling, so I haven't done that yet. I'm going to try it right now, but any other tips?

2. polycat33 thread starter macrumors 6502

Reinsatlling worked. I feel like an idiot, I realized that the program I run to change the appearance of iTunes is affected by updates like 7.3 -> 7.4, and I'll have to get the 7.4 version to work with the new update.