iTunes not letting me add movies.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by miksterman, Jan 28, 2010.

1. miksterman macrumors member

Been converting my DVD's with Handbrake and adding them to iTunes so I can watch them on my AppleTV. I should also add that my iTunes Library is on a external hard drive. I had a strange thing happen where iTunes wouldn't let me add any of my latest movie conversions I made. I restarted my computer thinking that would clear up the problem but when I opened iTunes back up I got a message that the iTunes Library cannot be used because the disk it is on is either unavailable or is locked. So I checked to see if the disk got locked some how by doing a get info and sure enough the disk somehow got locked so I unlocked it and iTunes recognized the iTunes library again. But iTunes still won't let me add anything either by just dragging and dropping the movie or by doing a add to library from the file command. Has anybody had this problem before. How do I fix it? :apple:

2. suss2it macrumors regular

Since the external hard drive got locked it's probably in read-only format. To solve click get info and uncheck the read only box.

3. miksterman thread starter macrumors member

I checked to see if the external hard drive was in a read only and it is not. It's in a read & write privilege. So what else could be the problem?

4. suss2it macrumors regular