iTunes not letting me play my playlist

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by Jreinhal, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Jreinhal macrumors newbie

Jreinhal

For some reason, my Playlists are greyed out. A song will play if I click it individually, but I cannot play them in series or shuffle. Any ideas?

Ive rebooted and reauthorized the computer through iTunes. A screenshot is attached.
    Thank you

Attached Files:

2. Goatllama macrumors 6502a

Goatllama

These from the iTunes store? Can your computer find the files i.e. right click song, get info, file?

3. Jreinhal thread starter macrumors newbie

Jreinhal

Thanks so much for a response. My Playlists are a combination of iTune Match and the radio subscription where I add songs. Attached is a screenshot of the steps you mentioned.

Attached Files:

4. Goatllama macrumors 6502a

Goatllama

Hmm. I would say reset iTunes Match (turn off and back on) but I'm not sure if that would wreak havoc on your library. Very strange.

5. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Have you enabled Apple Music? And there is a statement saying iTunes Radio will be discontinued in Jan 28, 2016.

I am not sure if resetting iTunes Match would solve this issue, as songs does exist on your hard disk. But if you want to try resetting, then you may need to back up your entire local iTunes library before doing so.

Or, you can try to create a new playlist using songs greyed out to see if you can use those songs in a playlist.

6. Goatllama macrumors 6502a

Goatllama

^ Better advice than mine. ^