iTunes not moving podcasts from temp folder

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by powersurge, Apr 22, 2011.

1. powersurge macrumors member

This just started recently after the latest iTunes update. For some reason iTunes is keeping all of my downloaded podcasts in the iTunes Music/Downloads/Podcasts/name of the episode folder directory and naming all of the episodes "download.mp4" rather than the usual iTunes Music/Podcasts/name of podcast/ directory (with each episode being named something rather than just "download").

They don't seem to be corrupted and play fine however its not using the usual folder and naming structure so its causing all sorts of issues when I stream these folders over my network. I tried deleting all of the new podcasts that this happened with and redownloading them but it still left them in the temp folder without renaming them and dropping them in the normal podcast folder. Anyone have any idea how to fix this? I've never had itunes do this before. :confused:

Also I should probably mention this is under Windows7 not OSX but I wasn't sure which sub forum to drop this under (not really a boot camp issue more of an Apple app issue).

2. powersurge thread starter macrumors member