itunes not opening

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by redgaz26, Nov 20, 2007.

1. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

when i plug my phone in itunes will not open, i pretty sure its only happened after i updated leopard? i've changed preferences with image capture so iphoto does not open but it's still the same.

ps. are these forums running slow or is it just me, every other website i go on is fine but these pages are taking an age to load!!

2. atarin macrumors regular

That's happening to me, too. The only thing that I can think of is to check the box that says "Automatically sync when this iPhone is connected." I don't want to do that, because I like to customize what I'm syncing each time before the sync starts. I just keep iTunes open all the time, now. This works for me, because I subscribe to a lot of podcasts, so the list is always fresh this way. Am I crazy, though? Didn't there used to be a check box that gave the option to open iTunes without syncing when an iPhone is connected?

I'm not having any trouble with the forums' speed. It's zipping along for me. Wonder why it's slow for you?