iTunes Not Quitting right and Jumping Around Screen

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Benjamindaines, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

I seem to be having some odd iTunes issues. It seems that when something is playing, an iPod or iPhone is plugged in, and at other random times when I go to quit iTunes nothing happens. I have to tell it to quit twice for it to actually make any move toward quitting.

Also, sometimes when going back to the normal window size after being in the mini player the mouse will seem to get "stuck" and as I move the pointer around (while not clicking the mouse button), even if the pointer is nowhere near the iTunes window it moves it around!

I am running iTunes 7.5, any ideas?

2. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

3. Benjamindaines thread starter macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

I do happen to have Leopard.

4. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

This could be a leopard Flaw. or it could be something wrong with your itunes maybe try and reinstall it.

5. Benjamindaines thread starter macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

Well I just reinstalled it, and no luck so it's probably a Leopard bug. Unless anyone has any other ideas?

6. swearbymac07 macrumors member

iTunes Prob

I happen to have Leopard, I had some iTunes Problems, such as the Cover Flow or List View would freeze and require a relaunch, so I downloaded and re-installed Mac OS X 10.5.1 and it fixed many errors in Disk Permissions and stopped the Hanging of iTunes. Keep in mind that 10.5.1 is 110 MB and needs to be downloaded direct from Apple's Site. It fixed them for me, but it may not work for you. You can give it a try if you want but I am not promising anything.