iTunes not recognizing MobileMe iPhone Sync

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GfPQqmcRKUvP, Jul 8, 2009.

1. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

Hey everyone, I'm having a little problem with iTunes. It's not so much that it's negatively impacting me, but I'd like to know what's going on.

On my iPhone 3G I had MobileMe. When I'd plug it into iTunes the page where the sync options for calendar, contacts, and bookmarks (I forget the name of the tab) were would just say

"Contacts are being synced through MobileMe"

In that case, iTunes recognized that my iPhone was getting all the data from my computer through MobileMe, and not iTunes.

With my new 3GS (which I loaded by restoring from previous backup), it doesn't recognize I'm using MobileMe on iTunes. It shows the full option list for calendar sync (and the other programs), but all the options (such as syncing events older than 60 days, etc) are greyed out. At the top of the page it gives me a button saying "Set up MobileMe" and directs me to Apple's online page which explains how to set up MobileMe on my macbook and on the iPhone. I've obviously done both of those things but my "problem" persists.

Any clue what could be causing this?

2. GfPQqmcRKUvP thread starter macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

Any help here? If mods think this is better suited for the iTunes or MobileMe forums go ahead, I didn't know which to put it in considering it had to do with both of those and the iPhone...

3. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

I just recently setup a mobile me, and mine is the same way. I don't think it's a problem, just seems like that's how it's done now.

4. moka macrumors 6502a

have you setup your mobileme account on the iphone after the restore?

go to settings > mail, contacts, calendars > mobile me > here you will find all options like mail, contacts, calendars, bookmarks and find my iphone and the ability to turn them on or off

also, with PC you need to download mobileme preferences to be able to sync mobileme content to your PC, etc etc.

5. Ever34 macrumors regular

Mine is doing the same thing....but everything is syncing as it should.

6. petemwah macrumors regular

This has happened to me before. I simply disabled the MobileMe account on the iPhone and reenabled it and the issue was sorted!

7. davecotter macrumors newbie

?

when you say "disabled" and "re-enabled" do you mean you deleted the mobile-me account, then created a new one? if so, did you keep or delete the currently sync'd data?