iTunes not recognizing my iP4??

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by is300guy, Dec 7, 2010.

1. is300guy macrumors regular

So my iP4 is jailbroken running 4.1 firmware. Today was an unusual day, I haven't backed up or used itunes in several days until today. Normally, once I plugged up my iP4 to my Mac, it would automatically open itunes up and from there I'd be able to sync and back up. But this was not the case, it didn't do that. Could it be an itunes error or iP4 error? I rebooted my iP4 several times to trouble shoot and still no go or maybe my Mac is causing this...? Any suggestions?

*I like to also add that I plugged in my little sister's ipod and it worked just fine but when I go to plug my iP4, nothing still...argh, so irritating.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3. is300guy thread starter macrumors regular

I did a restart, didn't work, then I did a shut down. After turning it back on, still get the same results...maybe delete that itunes and re-download it again? Whew, so much work and aggravation going into this. Using itunes 10.1, which is the latest.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I hear you, give that a shot also.
    Do you have another computer to see if its recognized on another machine?

5. is300guy thread starter macrumors regular

Just tried it on my bro's PC and it recognized it. So WTF right? I'm going to go ahead and delete the itunes I now have and re-download it and see what that does for me.

6. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

What version of OS X do you have on your Mac?