iTunes not responding when importing mp3's

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Hitrate, May 27, 2010.

1. Hitrate macrumors regular

Hitrate

Hey,

I'm a new macbook pro i5 user (first mac). Got it last wednesday..I've gone by with figuring stuff out myself, and browsing for help articles etc. online - but I have a few questions that I hope you guys can help me with.

I have a Western Digital 500gb fw/usb external harddrive that I used with my pc laptop. It's formatted in NTFS, and filled up with my mp3's. I've tried to drag the whole folder over to itunes, it chokes up and shows the rainbow icon thing both on usb and on FW. Then I tried to choose like 10 folders and import, still chokes up but it did manage to import SOME of those folders. So you can see it'll be a big problem for me to import the whole thing if I have to live with this and do it manually.

Second thing is, the few GB's that it has imported, everytime I open itunes now, it tries to finish estimating pauses and whatever for those tracks, but keeps choking up and get unresponsive. So I have to hard-quit itunes, or quickly hit the X several times to make it stop figuring out the pauses etc.

Wondering what is up with this...brand ned MBP that otherwise runs well, newest itunes that otherwise runs well, no problem with the harddrive...You guys have a solution? Should I format the harddrive to another format, what? Thanks in advance :)

2. Hitrate thread starter macrumors regular

Hitrate

Please, can anyone help me in the right direction to solving this problem...?