iTunes not responding when iPod Video is plugged in

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Samelson03, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Samelson03 macrumors 6502

This has never happened to me before. I start up iTunes, plug my iPod Video in and I my iTunes immediately goes unresponsive. I have to wait 5 minutes or so before I can use it. I recently got a replacement hard drive because my other one died. Maybe that has something to do with it?

2. nubee macrumors member

3. Samelson03 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, just installed the latest version. I had to because my Last.fm wasn't scrobbling my iPods scrobbles. So, someone said they updated to the latest version and it worked. So, I installed as well.

4. nubee macrumors member

5. Samelson03 thread starter macrumors 6502

If I delete 9.2 completely and then install 9.1, will all my music still be safe?

6. nubee macrumors member

I think there's a way to keep your music intact, but some people have had problem doing it.

If you do it wrong, it'll give you a message saying something along the lines of "the iTunes library was created on a newer version of iTunes" and won't let you open it.

If you're not tech savvy like myself, I would just leave it. But that's just me. lol

Has it still been freezing on you?

7. Samelson03 thread starter macrumors 6502

I did get that error message. And yes, I'm still having freezing issues. I guess i'll just wait until 9.2 is patched.

8. phairphan macrumors 6502a

phairphan

I wouldn't be surprised if last.fm was to blame. Try removing the app or turning off the iPod scrobbling to see if this "fixes" the issue.