Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

helloimD4NNY

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 15, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
All is fine until step 6(waiting for changes to reconcile) of syncing my iPhone to my iTunes. Then I get that rainbow ball. I check my force quit applications and it displays that my iTunes is unresponsive.

I've tried re-downloading 10.5 b2 off of developer.apple.com and reinstalling it but it still goes unresponsive. My iPhone 4 is running iOS 5 b2 if that info helps with anything. Does anyone know how to fix this?

stonhans

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2011
I'm using Windows 7 and this is my solution: When the rainbow appears and iTunes stop working, swedish-stop it using ctrl-alt-del. Then re-start iTunes again and everything should work fine! :)

Edit: Nvm that if it doesnt work on OSX.

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
I'm using Windows 7 and this is my solution: When the rainbow appears and iTunes stop working, swedish-stop it using ctrl-alt-del. Then re-start iTunes again and everything should work fine! :)

Edit: Nvm that if it doesnt work on OSX.

what you mean swedish-stop it? mine kept freezing when in the apps tab on my iPhone in iTunes

Charlesmm

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2011
All is fine until step 6(waiting for changes to reconcile) of syncing my iPhone to my iTunes. Then I get that rainbow ball. I check my force quit applications and it displays that my iTunes is unresponsive.

I've tried re-downloading 10.5 b2 off of developer.apple.com and reinstalling it but it still goes unresponsive. My iPhone 4 is running iOS 5 b2 if that info helps with anything. Does anyone know how to fix this?

REMEMBER that it is beta, oke.dude.
I notice on my iphone 4 and ipad 3g some problems to under Itunes beta 2, when connected.

-Sync apps- window is not responding if i try to scroll in it.
My processor is going very high on it. much power here...
-running under windows 7 ultimate-

beta 1 wash more stable and scrolling the -Sync apps- so much better than ever before.

The hole process of installing wash without any errors.
other thing is i miss the Enable Multitasking Gestures On iPad 1 Running iOS 5

I enabled it under 4.2 with iBackupBot.
But maybe it is not working anymore, with IbackupBot....
I have to read about it.

http://www.icopybot.com/blog/enable-multitouch-gestures-on-ipad-without-jailbreaking.htm

Last edited:

stonhans

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2011
what you mean swedish-stop it? mine kept freezing when in the apps tab on my iPhone in iTunes

It's a term we use in Norway when you have to shut something down (the death-switch-way) ie. a program or force-shut-down the computer. Norwegians make jokes about how stupid swedishpeople are, vice-versa.

Anyway, I can't help you further.

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
It's a term we use in Norway when you have to shut something down (the death-switch-way) ie. a program or force-shut-down the computer. Norwegians make jokes about how stupid swedishpeople are, vice-versa.

Anyway, I can't help you further.

oh you mean a process kill, that's what i've been doing, thought there was some other way i was missing lol

icstars989

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2011
Happens a lot to me on my Mac and win7 machines. I have never liked iTunes and long for the day where I never have to use it again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.