itunes not responding

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by macunhappy, Jul 7, 2008.

1. macunhappy macrumors newbie

I'm having this problem VERY often while trying to add cd's to my itunes library. My cd's are in pretty good shape and all them were able to be added to my crappy IBM that's five years old and using an old, cheap external dvd reader. I don't really mind if it can't read some of these songs, but it CRASHES the entire crappy mac. I have to go over to another program, force quit itunes (this is where I am told that itunes is not responding) then wait a while and eject the disc. Why wouldn't it just move on to the next song or something. This is ridiculous that a computer barely a year old is CRASHING from a read error.

2. ssalter macrumors newbie

Crappy machines

Well, it certainly sounds as if you have a lot of problems with crappy machines and stinky people and so on.

I'd suggest that if you suspect a possible hardware problem, you might take your machine into your MAC center, or at least call them. Are you sure you are putting the CDs in right-side up?

Take care and keep comin' back.

3. macunhappy thread starter macrumors newbie

Northy,
    I have had some time to go back through all the posts and THIS idea was perfect. I *was* putting the CD's in upsidedown... hahhah... No, seriously, I just took my external drive off my old IBM and plugged it into the Mac. So far so good. Three cd's that the Mac couldn't handle the external has burned with no difficulties. I still am concerned about the Mac though. I think i will take it in to be looked at, but at least this stack of fifteen cds' that the Mac couldn't read will now be in my iTunes library.

thanks again
    s

4. macunhappy thread starter macrumors newbie

Follow UP

Hey all you Mac folks... here's the follow up: there WAS something wrong with my friggin iMac. It turns out it had a broke-dick logic board and it was soooo broke-dicked that ti fried my first ipod... i mailed that ipod back. they mailed me a new one (I still didn't know the problem was with the computer). The new one came. the apple fried that one too. By the time I was told I would have to take both the ipod and the imac into the apple store, I'd logged in over 18 hours on the phone. It took two weeks, but they fixed the apple, and they gave me a new ipod.