iTunes not running the Activation Wizard

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Thunderbear, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Thunderbear macrumors newbie

I'm attempting to activate my new iPhone 3G S on my Mac using iTunes 8.2. When I connected my iPhone for the first time, iTunes prompted me to "register" my iPhone; I filled in my personal info on the first screen, then I named the phone on the next screen and clicked "Continue". iTunes then went into a normal sync. It never asked me for my SSN or presented me with the "Activation Pending" screen which tells you that activation might take 48 hours and I would get an email. My iPhone sync'd happily and acted as though nothing was abnormal except for the "No Service" in the top right corner.

I rebooted the iPhone and now the iPhone is displaying the message "Waiting for Activation. This may take some time."

1) Is it weird and okay that I didn't seem to go through the activation sequence like everyone else?

2) Can I leave the phone unplugged from iTunes and still have it activate?

2. Switz213 macrumors 6502

Yeah there's a problem. No Service should be in the top left :eek:

3. Thunderbear thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I meant to say top left.

Curious to hear if my experience is standard or not, and also how long people are waiting for activation on average.

4. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

I didn't get an activation screen when I put my SIM in my 2G yesterday and tried to activate.

5. tylertech macrumors regular

I didn't get it either. However what I did do was put my old 2G sim in the 3GS and it immediately activated.

6. Thunderbear thread starter macrumors newbie

7. Stankonia macrumors regular

I had the same problem with iTunes not giving a chance to activate. I tried to activate using the website as well, but it didn't go through due to "insufficient data". Called AT&T this morning to get it worked out and it's all good now