iTunes not seeing JB 6 plus 9.0.2

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by lavrishevo, Dec 9, 2015.

1. lavrishevo, Dec 9, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2015

lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

Tried to find an answer via searching but nothing seems to be working.

Computer is Macbook Pro - 10.11.2
    Phone - 6 Plus 9.0.2
    iTunes - 12.3.1

iPhoto and image capture see it fine. Trying to avoid any resets on the phone as I don't want to loose my jailbreak. The weird thing is when I unplug the phone iTunes shows the phone icon for a 1/2 second become disappearing. Also, iTunes seems to hang when quitting with the phone plugged in. I have to force quit.

I have tried:
    Reinstalling iTunes
    Verifying iTunes helper is running
    Reset location and privacy settings on phone
    Tried multiple cables and multiple ports with the same results

A little leery about resetting network settings as I don't want the phone to crash and loose the JB. Any other ideas?

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

What happens if you create a new account on your Mac and use iTunes/iPhone inside that new account?

3. lavrishevo thread starter macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

Just tried this with the same results. iTunes does not see the phone and hangs on quit.

Think it's safe to do a reset network settings on the phone?

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Resetting network settings is safe.

What tweaks do you have installed?

Also, does iTunes see it if you connect it while the phone is no substrate mode?

5. lavrishevo thread starter macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

Let me try resetting the network settings. I idon't have hardly any. Just 2. TetherMe and InstantTouchID. It's TetherMe that I really need the most.

When you say substate mode do you mean recovery or DFU?

Also, for whatever reason I can't verify iTunes helper is running anymore.

6. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

What I mean is this.

Shut down the phone. Hold down the volume up key and holding it down through this entire process. Turn on the phone. When the phone gets to the lock screen release the volume up key.

Unlock, then try and hook your phone up to iTunes.

This is no substrate mode, AKA "Safe Mode" No jailbreak tweaks are loaded in this mode. If iTunes detects your device then the problem is one of your tweaks.

Also, if you have another computer handy with iTunes on it, try that to see if it recognizes the phone.

We're trying to determine if it's your computer, JB tweaks, or iOS itself. You've already ruled out cables and ports.

7. lavrishevo thread starter macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

So, after resting the networking settings. iTunes ask me to allow access to the phone, I hit trust, and it has been asking me to sign into my iTunes account and then still no phone showing up. Damn software bug somewhere. Ugh.

Edit. I also tried another Mac with the same results.

8. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

iTunes is asking you to sign in, or the phone is?

You are the second person in as many days that I've heard of issues with iTunes accounts. Wonder if there's something up with Apple's servers.

9. lavrishevo thread starter macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

Just tried the substrate mode and no, iTunes does not see the phone. At least allowing me access. For instance. When I turn tethering on it will switch from my browser to the iTunes but not allow me to access the phone at all. iTunes was asking me not the phone.

I have read that this might be a bug in my iOS version.

10. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

OK. I'd try uninstalling TetherMe and rebooting. In the meantime, login in iTunes if it lets you.

TetherMe may be buggy. I know you said you need it, but if uninstalling it makes things work again…

It was buggy for me. It held on to my old APN settings for Sprint after I had ported to T-Mobile. It kept defaulting back even after I changed the settings.

Couldn't text or MMS. Uninstalling it restored my T-Mobile APN settings so I haven't reinstalled it since.

11. itsmedan macrumors newbie

Me being the first :p

12. lavrishevo thread starter macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

Uninstalled all mods and still nothing. It's odd. iTunes does see the phone in the sense that it opens when I plug the phone in but it does not show up and wants me to sign into my account every time it has the phone plugged. I have a feeling it is some kind of conflict with this version of iTunes and the OS I am running. :( All I want to do is sync some freakin music... jeez. Not to mention that it will hang on quit while the phone is plugged in. Ridiculous.

13. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

can you possibly try on a friend's windows pc and see if your iphone is detected in itunes?

it doesn't seem to be a hardware problem with your phone considering other programs like iphoto sees your iphone and is able to successfully interact with it