itunes not showing airtune speakers

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by EngBrian, Nov 16, 2007.

1. EngBrian macrumors regular

I am running a macbook and have an airport express in my living room (same room the computer is in) hooked up to my speakers. itunes doesn't show my speakers at the bottom of the window. If i reset my airport express it works again but as soon as i quit itunes the option never returns. I am currently running leopard but this happened before when running tiger.

Thanks for any help anyone can give.

2. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Happened to me from time to time. What I had to do was change the security from WEP (because of my wife's old PC 802.11b card which doesn't support WPA) to WPA when she got her MacBook and then her PC died (coincidence?). Once I did that it hasn't crapped out on me yet. That and I don't use it as my wireless router anymore.

3. EngBrian thread starter macrumors regular

Running WPA right now. The other fly in the ointment could be that my APX is not my only router it is setup to connect to my non-apple router signal. But I don't see how that could affect functionality as it is an option in the initial setup of the APX.

4. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

My AE is connected to a non-apple router and it works fine. I obviously have it only being connected as a wireless client so all it's really doing is acting as an audio server.

[edit]I just realized that Leopard has an Airport Utility upgrade. It's a heck of a lot faster and is now organized and easier to use.