iTunes not supplying full tv series

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jfoley89, Sep 12, 2013.

1. jfoley89 macrumors regular

Am i the only one who is annoyed by the fact that iTunes quite often doesn't supply the whole series, so far i've found... 30Rock, they do not supply the last 2 seasons, on Weeds they don't supply anything past season 6. This is really bloody annoying, i don't want to have to buy the dvd for the last couple of seasons of a show, it kinda defeats the whole purpose of me buying my TV shows digitally.

This piss anyone else off?
    What other TV show have you noticed have been cut short on iTunes?

2. simsaladimbamba

But that is NBC and Showtime not providing Apple with the series, as there is probably still some contracting left to do between those parties, and SHO and NBC do not agree to the terms and, which is more likely, SHO and NBC want to get the money from the DVDs, the Blu Rays and the digital sales.
    Once enough optical media has been bought, it will appear in iTunes for syndication.

3. jfoley89 thread starter macrumors regular

then why are they on different country iTunes? the shows have aired on normal TV so it cant be because they haven't been releases in Australia yet...

4. LV426 macrumors 6502a

Licensing arrangements are complex and vary from country to country.

You can't purchase the movie 'Aliens' on iTunes UK, for example, and that's been the case for the past couple of years. If Apple could sell it, they would.