iTunes not syncing all my music

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by iBug2, Dec 27, 2015.

1. iBug2 macrumors 68040

I keep approx 55GB's of offline music on my phone. And whenever I'm syncing it for the first time to the phone (like after a restore), iTunes most of the times finishes the sync, yet doesn't actually sync all tracks. When I look at the music list inside the phone within iTunes, the tracks not synced are greyed out. I hit sync again and iTunes finishes it in the second go, most of the time.

Does this happen to you?

It's not a new issue, it happened with all iOS releases I can think of and with multiple models of iPhone and I still cannot figure out what causes it.

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I think that happened to me once but I didn't think much of it. I just unchecked "sync music" and re-checked it and the process started over. I keep around 10GB of music on my phone.

3. wacky4alanis macrumors 6502

It used to happen to me. It usually meant I had something funky going on in my computer's iTunes database. Check for stuff like:

1) More than one copy of the same song
    2) Songs that are listed but can't be found
    3) Voice memos that aren't syncing properly

Bottom line is that iTunes is a buggy program (especially when running on a PC) and it doesn't always handle database anomalies very elegantly. Sometimes syncing again will fix things, but sometimes it doesn't.